Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Misfits original Static Age mix

The Misfits were a band that defined my being back in the early eighties... The early recordings hit like a brick to the head...not punk, not hardcore but somewhere oddly in between. Glenn's vocals harkenend back to some twisted Elvis type crooning shit..the music was catchy and truely was just as it was labeled "Horror Rock" but in a really rootsy americana way....thier look,thier music was Sci-Fi TV noir circa 1950's set to a slowed down ramones tempo..They were peddling Holloween not Heroin and I became addicted to what they were selling...I was a "Feind"
and in short order joined the club.
I am posting up the original Misfits Static Age Mix that was passed around via cassette before beware came out...These recordings represent what I love most about the Band. Every track a classic....this original mix in my opinion exceeds the later released versions of The Static Age Lp.Here is a link to the recordings:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8b969387ec749ed7d8f14848abf485ddbe357ec395c977709d4bfef7ef5beeff

No comments:

Post a Comment